Including a stylish sofa will add elegance and beauty to any room. Nowadays, Chesterfield sofas are very popular. They are classy and comfortable, that is why a lot of people make them their choice. Chesterfield sofa has tufted back and high arms. It is also available with or without cushions. The upholstery is one of the most important features that distinguish these sofas. As it has buttoned and leather upholstery as well as lower seats. Chesterfield sofas arms and backs are at the same level. Unlike the Victorian sofas, they don’t have scrolled legs and elaborate carvings.
Leather has been the traditional cover for the frame of chesterfield sofas. But it also available with a velvet cover, which adds class vintage ambiance to your room. Chesterfield sofas are durable and long lasting making them a great addition to any home. When buying a Chesterfield Sofa you should consider the following issues:
1. Creases: Choose a sofa that has deep enough crease that is over half an inch.
2. Leather: Ask the salesman about the type of leather whether it is Aniline or Demic. Choose Aniline sofa because it is made from solid piece of leather making it more durable. But Demic sofa is created from a lower quality patchwork leathers.
3. Padding: Make sure that there is enough amount of padding.
4. Nails: Check out whether the sofa has polished nails or not, because it indicates that the Chesterfield is original.
The most popular Chesterfield Sofas are:
1) Bowhill Chesterfield: It is comfortable and stylish because of its plumb cushions.
2) Queen Anne: It is a famous Chesterfield chair inspired from the traditional Chesterfield wing chairs. It is upholstered with soft leather.
3) English Chesterfield: It is one of the most authentic Chesterfield designs. It exposed to little changes over the last decade.
4) Corner Suite: one of the first sets of the brand. You can rearrange this leather corner according to your needs.
Sofa has played a great role in enhancing the effect of any room for more than 200 years. And over time, it has changed to match the new designs. And here are some of those changes:
• A wide range of styles, colors, fabrics and design.
• New trends in design like sectional sofa, reclining sofas, futon and sofa beds.
• Fixed or loose covers became available.
• Upholstery materials include leather, silk, cotton, velvet, etc.