Fabric sofas are a modern and comfortable type of sofas. The material of the fabric is soft and durable to last for a long time. Fabric sofa is meant for people whose first priority is the comfort, not the style. They add a cozy and modern look to your room decor. They are cheaper than cheaper than the leather sofa. They require high maintenance and it is not easy to clean. There are different types of fabric you will have to choose from.
Some of them are:
• 100% Polyester fabrics are very durable, soft and easy to clean. They come in thousands of prints and colors in traditional style to a country French style.
• 100% fine cotton looks elegant when you use to a stationary fabric sofa. But it is not practical as it can easily get stained. So it is not suitable for the heavy usage.
• Poly/cotton blends are very common; the combination of polyester and cotton threads creates a durable and stain resistant fabrics. These fabrics vary from a right smooth weave to a rougher denim or corduroy that provides a causal look or velveteen that goes with an elegant style.
Having gone through the types of fabrics, here we will mention the several aspects you should consider when choosing your fabrics.
1. Price: There is a direct correlation between the piece and the quality, that is mean that the most expensive fabric has better quality.
2. Durability: Consider the sofa durability according to the main usage of it. Remember that the color and the type of fabric you select have a great effect on the durability of the sofa.
3. Color: Depending on the atmosphere you desire to create and the current colors you have in your room, make a list with the possible colors for your sofa fabric. The colors should go with the décor. If you have children and pets the darker colors will be practical as stains will not be clearly visible.
4. Type of fabric: Nylon, cotton, polyester and microfiber are the best sofa fabrics. Nylon is durable and cheap but if it is exposed to direct sunlight it can fade easily. Cotton is soft and comfortable but as the same as nylon it fades when exposed to direct sunlight and the can easily get stained. Polyester is long lasting and fade resistant. Microfiber has a smooth texture and it is durable and stains resistant.